Who Am I Staying With: Prices are for double occupancy. We will of course arrange to have you stay with whomever you signed up with. The resort will attempt to pair like minded dive buddies once they have more details. Rooms will be assigned on a first come first serve basis at time of check in. Bed sizes and specific locations are on a request basis only and cannot be confirmed.
I Want a Single Room For Myself: $480 extra will ensure a week of solitude in a single room all by your lonesome.
Non Divers: $200 less the advertised price of the package. We suggest non divers sign up for scuba lessons. This trip allows for Referral divers to finish their checkout dives while at the resort. Contact the store for details.
We highly recommend signing up for Dan Trip Insurance Here >
Passport: All foreign nationals need a passport (valid for at least 6 months) to enter the Philippines. Citizens of some countries may also require a visa.
Deposit: Reservations should be made as far ahead as possible. A $300 per person deposit is due the day of booking. Final payment must be received 60 days before departure. Reservations will not be held if payment is not received.
- Can I dive if I am not a certified diver? Yes, the trip is a great way to become a certified diver by completing the PADI Open Water certification. This is something that takes as little as 4 days. Then you can spend a few days diving with your travel buddies.
- Can I snorkel from the beach? Yes, we have a marine protected house reef for snorkeling and diving from shore.
- What is the water temperature? Depends upon the time of year. Generally 80-82 degrees.
- Is your pool salt or fresh water? All of the pools in the resort are freshwater.
- Do I need a watch? You definitely need a Dive Computer!
- Can I change money at the resort? There will be an ATM at our first breakfast stop, but money exchange in the US prior to departure is recommended. They do not take dollars so you will need some local currency. If you have racked up a hefty bar tab (at 50 cents per beer) you can pay the tab using any credit card except Amex. In Puerto Galera and most major Philippine cities, all credit cards are acceptable.
- What about tipping? We suggest $5-10 for the Boatman and $20-25 for the Instructor and Divem There is a tip jar for the resort staff. Tip only if you are satisfied with the service.
- What meal plan do you provide? The resort provides buffet meals 3 times daily – including fish, meat, soup and vegetable dishes – plus snacks. The chef is happy to accommodate special requests and dietary needs. Let us know your dietary needs at the time of booking. The food is excellent and it is something we look forward to each trip!
- Do you cater to vegetarians or vegans? We are able to provide vegetarian, vegan, gluten free meals as well as for allergies you might have. Please just let us know of any special dietary requirements that you may have.
- Do you provide kids meals? Kids eat what Adults eat! Let us know if you have a request.
- Are the rooms air-conditioned?
- Are the rooms smoke-free? The resort caters to an international clientele who may smoke.
- Do you have a safe in the room? No, but the main office can house valuables for you.
- What is your power supply? All electrical power is 220V and the socket is American Standard.
- Do you have laundry service? Yes, for a nominal fee.
- Do you have phones or TV in the rooms? The resort’s focus is on relaxation, rejuvenation and diving adventures.
- Does the resort have phone , fax and internet? Yes, for nominal fees. But the Wi-Fi is spotty!
- Cell Phone Coverage and Rates: Contact your service provider. The cost for International Roaming will be rather pricey but may come in handy in case of emergency.
- Can I drink the water from the tap? The resort provides filtered water.
- Does it rain a lot? In the summer season (April), no. In the winter season (October), rains fall hard in the morning and clear up in the afternoon.
- Are there mosquitoes? Mosquitoes are often found at dawn and dusk. Bring repellent.
- Do you have accommodation for families?
- Do you have a cot? No
- Is it ok to bring young children to the Philippines? Yes, it is safe.
- Do you have baby sitters available? Nannies are available for a fee.
- What vaccinations do I need? Vaccinations are not required.
- Do you have a doctor on property? The resort does not have a doctor on the property. However, a decompression chamber and hospital are nearby.
- Is the Philippines safe? Yes! The Philippines is a safe country. However, like everywhere else, you need to exercise caution. Do not wear flashy jewelry and carry large amounts of cash. We will not be visiting the very south of the country (Sulu Archipelago) where there would be an issue.
- What language do they speak in the Philippines? Tagalog, but most everybody speaks English extremely well.
- What kind of night life to you have at the resort? None, this trip is focused on Diving! However, the Puerto Galera day trip is a great way to sample local culture.
- Can I buy souvenirs at the resort? No, so don’t skip the Puerto Galera trip!
- Do you have a spa? Divers can visit a local spa ($50-100) or opt for in-room massages ($25).
- Can we get married at your resort? Only Catholic Church weddings are recognized in the Philippines.